Carpentry is a skilled trade that involves cutting, shaping and joining timber and other materials to construct buildings, structures, and household items such as walls, sub-flooring, and furniture.
Carpenters may also install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trims such as architraves, skirting boards and mouldings.
City Handyman can assist with minor carpentry and project works, such as building non-structural walls, and the maintenance of buildings, rather than the building of buildings.
Cabinetry, on the other hand, has similarities with carpentry, however it focuses on the creation and installation of cabinets, such as kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, built-in wardrobes, and other storage solutions. Cabinetry work involves the use of materials like melamine, laminates, timber and other materials. It involves measuring, cutting, and installing cabinets to fit specific spaces. City Handyman can assist with minor cabinetry works, and can assist with the maintenance of cabinetry, or installation of basic flat-pack cabitery, rather than the design and manufacture of cabinetry.
As City Handyman is predominantly a handyman business, we keep our work in these spaces to certain tasks and our FAQ page has more information around this. For example, we do not have the equipment that a cabinetry company would use to cut and create all the the panels and parts of a kitchen, and from a carpentry perspective, we would not build a house. If approached to design, build, and install a custom designer kitchen, we would suggest approaching a cabinet maker or kitchen company.
Below is a comprehensive list of what we are able to assist with:
Minor Carpentry work and Woodwork:
- Carpentry Odd-Jobs
- Minor Timber Replacement
- Non-Structural Partition Walls
- drawer repairs (fronts/slides)
- Basic Stud Walls and timber frames
- Architrave and skirting board installation and repairs
- Fabrication of simple custom solutions
- Minor floorboard repairs
- Basic cabinetry construction and melamine shelving
Cabinetry & Hinges
- Minor Cabinetry
- Cabinet Hinges
- Cabinet hinge adjustment and alignment
- Replacement of standard cabinet hinges
- Basic drawer repairs, re-fix drawer runners and rollers
Doors & Wardrobes
- Wardrobe hanging rod re-fits and wardrobe shelving reinforcements
- Basic Door jamb installations and repairs
Got a job for us?