City Handyman is an expanding handyman and property maintenance business servicing the domestic and commercial markets of the inner suburbs of Melbourne and the CBD.
City Handyman is experiencing a period of growth with an increasing number of enquiries from both new and existing clients and is seeking people to carry out handyman and maintenance tasks such as painting, garden maintenance and general handyman work. The work is rewarding and hours are flexible.
To be considered for this opportunity you must:
– Have a versatile background including some experience in a range of basic handyman tasks and basic property maintenance.
– Have a professional, friendly and enthusiastic approach in dealing with both clients and the general public.
– Have the ability to work autonomously and unsupervised, delegate works within a team; whilst always working to OH&S standards and Safe Work Practices.
– Have strong attention to detail, be focused, have a positive attitude and must take pride in the quality of their workmanship.
– Be well groomed and presented, and maintain a neat and tidy appearance at all times.
– Be self-motivated.
– Have strong time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and organise and schedule works as required.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful, the candidate should have experience in some of the following areas:
– Furniture assembly, picture hanging, patch & painting works, general painting, installation of wall fixtures, eg whiteboards,
– Minor carpentry, tiling, and plaster repair skills are also advantageous
– General garden maintenance
– Problem solving
– Technology skills (Web, Email, SMS and MMS, smartphone familiarity and ability to learn and use smartphone apps for job schedules and payment processing)
– White card (essential)
– A trade qualification is not essential. What is essential is a keen and genuine interest in handyman and maintenance work with the ability to apply existing skills to required tasks, and to possess an open mind allowing you to constantly learn about new products, skills, and techniques. Training can be provided.
– A set of tools suitable for handyman and property maintenance tasks is desirable. A range of tools and a fitted maintenance specific vehicle can also be provided by City Handyman.
This opportunity is not limited to the above list of skills and experience. Due to the nature of handyman work, it is expected that the operator is able to turn a hand to many a varied task. City Handyman services various markets.
Find out more about City Handyman at www.cityhandyman.com.au
If you feel you have the skills, experience and attributes that align with the above requirements; and would like to engage with an organisation that genuinely values your contribution, please forward correspondence to: email@example.com